Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hi friends and family,
It is Oct 2nd and Jury duty is over for me. Now I can say that it was a Federal drug trafficking case and we were involved in the trial for only 3 1/2 days. I was chosen foreman,(pretty much everyone else declined).We deliberated for about 3 1/2 hours today and found the defendant guilty on all counts. He will get at least a 10 year mandatory sentence. It is very interesting to take part in the jury system. I encourage all who get called to do it if they can.
Nic

2 comments:

  1. Hey Conlin Family!!! How goes it? This is Cathy Tucker, and I am excited to intrude into your family blog and see what great stuff is going on!!!
    Nicole, yeah, jury duty is a kick!! About a month after I moved back to Utah from Seattle, I received a notice from King Co. calling me for jury duty. Needless to say, I had to decline! Then about a month after we moved from Weber Co. to Davis Co. I got a notice from Weber Co. callin me for jury duty, I had to decline that, also! But, Davis Co. finally snagged me, but I was released because I had a policeman for a neighbor and I think they thought I would be biased against the guy on trial! He was a drug dealer, and it was fascinating to see how they brought him in wearing a suit and looking all respectable, and brought in his family (if it was really his family) with cute little kids, for the sympathy factor. It was interesting to see how everything worked - at least until I was sent home!

    OK, enough already! I'll keep checking on your cool blog to see how the Conlin Clan is doing!

    Love ya, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fascinating! I haven't ever been called for jury duty, but I would like to! Glad you got an interesting case.

    ReplyDelete