We have had a very hectic Sunday. Because I wouldn't let Dan set an alarm for this morning---we overslept. Yes, for all you doubters out there, Dan slept until 8:45 this morning and woke in a panic and a rush. We had to be checked out, packed, dressed and ready for church by 9:30. Even though I said it would be a piece of cake, there was continued rushing and panicing mode. We made it in plenty of time, we were at least 9 minutes early for the meeting and beat everyone but the missionaries and the Branch Presidents family there.
The meeting was fun, there were only 36 people there in total, including 5 visitors,2 missionaries, and the babies. The branch had only one young man who was absent, 3 young women, and about 8 in the primary. In RS. there were 3 visitors and only 4 other ladies there, including the teacher and president. It was quite an experience to paarticipate in such a small group.
The missionaries were fun also, one was from Kaysville, Utah, and the other one was from Ogden. The one from Ogden is going home on Wednesday and was one of the speakers in Sacrament meeting. He did a good job. Dan said this same missionary gave both the opening and the closing prayer in priesthood meeting (because he was going home). Very funny to visit with them.
After church we changed clothes in the church bathroom and hit the road again. We headed towards Edmonton, Alberta. We thought it would take about 4 hours, but we made it in just over 2 1/2. We found our hotel and walked across the street to the big mall for dinner. All the shops were closed, (I wasn't going to go shopping on Sunday!) but we were starved so we had dinner in a place called Moxie's.
After dinner we walked the mall briskly to find lulu and check out the lay of the land for tomorrow, and after about 50 minutes we had only covered about 2/3 of it. There is alot to see. And we will have the whole day tomorrow to check it out.
After the mall we took a practice drive to the Alberta Temple. I am glad we did cause it isn't very far away, but it could be a little tricky with regular business traffic on the streets. We stopped and took pictures because the weather was beautiful and you can't take for granted that Tues. will be nice.
Since we got back we have just relaxed and watched a little TV. Dan is reading one of the several books he needs to read for business. But as a treat for Fathers Day I bought him a copy of "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest". He is very excited to start reading it when he has more business reading done. I don't know if I mentioned the fact that I downloaded the book to my I pod on Wed. evening after we got to Langley, and had finished the book Fri. morning before we left the hotel. It was very good! I loved the characters, and the suspense.
Well that is it for today.
Love you, miss you!
Nic and Dan
The Bits: August
5 years ago