This morning Dan got up early to go to the business part of the meetings and he reports that it was a very good meeting. The keynote speaker was a guy that climbed Mt. Everest and was a great speaker and had a good message. I am sad I missed him. But not sad enough to get up in time to go to the meetings.
This morning I slept in, listened to the rest of an audio book while I did a little organizing in the room, took a long shower, and got ready for the day.
We went to the buffet lunch (food as always is very good at these events and it is hard to turn anything down). And after lunch Dan and I went fly fishing. We were supposed to be on a river but they said it was too full and so we went to a private lake about half hour away. It was gorgeous (of course) and we piled into the pickup trucks of the guides and headed out. No One Caught Anything! I heard someone got a nibble, but I think that they got caught on a weed.
We had an interesting lesson and it was fun to learn how to cast the line out so far. You can feel the line slide out as you whip it back and forth. Usually, if it is going right that is, if the wind is blowing and you lose control---you hook yourself in the butt, like I did. Or you hook the owner of the company in the butt, like one of the ladies in our group did. Either way they were the only two catches we had all day.
For dinner they put us on busses and we drove out to a place that had a converted horse arena. It was roofed over and had about the biggest firepit I have ever seen in the middle of it. We had roasted beef, beans, salad, baked potatoes, grilled veggies and pie and ice cream for dessert.
The entertainment for the evening was two guys that sang country, and there was a break while the Canadian Western Stunt Fighters put on a show and a fight and a gunfight. It was a little graphic, and the bad guys kept trying to hide behind people from our group. And there was more singing. Dan and I have never closed down a function before, but we stayed to the end today, and rode the last bus home.
Tired and still full, we bid you all goodnight!!
Happy Birthday Angie!
Dan and Nic
The Bits: August
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment